2. Scope and Application:
- What is personal information? What personal information do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- How do we use your personal information?
- To whom do we share your personal information?
- How do we manage your consent?
- How do we manage your privacy preferences?
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- What are your privacy rights?
- What happens when you use our websites?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- How can you contact us about your privacy rights and additional information?
3.1 This policy describes how we handle your personal information. This policy applies to you during all your dealings and interactions with Source Atlantic, including when you visit one of our websites, sign up to be a part of any of our programs, promotions, contents, or events, purchase our products, or receive our services (collectively, the “services”).
3.2 Please note that specific privacy notices and/or additional terms and conditions may apply to how we are collecting and managing your information when you engage with some of our programs, products, services, promotions, contests, and/or events. Those special privacy notices and or terms and conditions are incorporated by reference into this policy. For example, you are required to accept terms and conditions when you enter a contest. Those terms and conditions apply together with this policy.
4. What is personal information?
4.1 Personal information is any information that identifies you or could be associated with you. This can include:
- Your full name, age, date of birth, and gender.
- Your billing or delivery address. Your email address(es) and phone numbers (including for your mobile phone).
- Your username.
- Your current location.
- Your browser history.
- Your Social Insurance Number; or
- Your credit card or other financial information, etc.
5. What personal information do we collect?
5.1 We limit the collection of personal information to what is required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
5.2 We collect personal information, as defined below, in a variety of ways, including directly from you, and third parties.
- Contact information: We may collect your names and your usernames. We may also collect shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information you provide or provided to us about others.
- Transactional information: We may collect your purchase and billing history, shipping history, payment information, including information from your credit or debit cards, and/or cheques. Collection of authentication information, such as signature and information required to extend credit to your organization. Digitally, we collect information of location and browser history when visiting our websites or use our apps.
- Demographic information: We may collect information about, your age and gender, interested products or services, reviews you submitted, or locations you have visited. Location information: If you use our websites on a mobile device (tablet, cell phone, or smart device), we may collect location data from your device or related to your IP address. We use location data to find our nearest location, provide you with driving directions, and provide product pricing and/or availability. If you would prefer not to provide us with your device location information, you can control what location information is shared in the settings menu of your device.
- Employment-related information: Information is collected if you apply for an employment opportunity. This may include information included within resumes, cover letters, or similar related materials.
- Registration Information: If you register on our websites or enter a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or any other program offering of ours, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, and other information required to administer your participation in the program.
- Other information: We may collect any information or content you provide through our websites, social media accounts, online forums, emails, or written communications. When using our website, your IP address and other related information such as the type of browser and operating system are collected.
6. How do we collect your personal information?
6.1 Directly from you including:
- Via our website.
- From our surveys, loyalty programs, and our contests.
- From purchases (or returns), rentals, or leases of our products, services, or spaces.
- From credit applications and financial transactions with us.
- From the information provided via one of our sales channels, including email addresses to receive receipts.
- If you apply or inquire about employment opportunities; or
- From spoken and written communications with us.
6.2 Passively through browser cookies
6.3 From other sources including
- Our business partners.
- Shipping vendors who share updated addresses.
- Friends, family members, or associate of your business that conducts business with Source Atlantic, or
- Employed by Source Atlantic or one of our affiliated companies.
7. How do we use your personal information?
7.1 We use the information we collect for our business purposes including:
- To communicate with you about your account or our relationship with you.
- To deliver the Services.
- To market the Services.
- To respond to your questions and requests.
- To improve the Services.
- To improve our facilities.
- To improve your experience with the Services or our websites.
- To identify trends and customer interests.
- For security and loss prevention purposes.
- For employment purposes.
- For other uses we may disclose to you from time to time; or
- Otherwise with your consent or as required or authorized by applicable law.
8. To whom do we share your personal information?
8.1 We may share your personal information as legally required or permitted, including:
- Within our group of companies across Canada and the U.S. and with our service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as delivery services, payment processors, email deployment agencies, etc. By providing information to us you are consenting to the transfer of personal information to facilities that may be located outside of Canada, and understand that your information may be stored, accessed, or processed by U.S. law. In no event will any of our service providers have the right to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide you with the services we specify, except as permitted by law.
- We may authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf and we may share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions. We require our service providers to comply with applicable laws about the privacy and security of personal information. Source Atlantic accepts no liability arising out of the negligence or fault of our service providers except as required by applicable law. For further information on the sharing of your information with our group of companies and our service providers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not sell your personal information to any organization or person.
- We may share your information with other entities (including actual or prospective buyers and our affiliates) if we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, reorganization, or sale of any of our businesses and/or assets.
- We may share your information to comply with the law. For example, we may disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information to a government agency or investigatory body, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable US, Canadian or foreign laws.
- Finally, we may share your information for safety, security, and loss prevention. We may disclose your information to our suppliers or other business partners who need to contact you about a specific product safety issue or recall. We may, at your direction, provide information to a third party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute. We may disclose the information if we suspect fraud or share information as part of an investigation, and we may disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed.
9. How Do We Manage Consent?
9.1 By using the Services, you are providing your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information as set out in this policy.
9.2 In some cases, your consent may be “implied” in that your permission is assumed given the actions or inactions at the point where we collected your information and/or our use and storage of your information.
9.3 If we plan to use your personal information for a new purpose, we will seek and obtain your consent before action.
10. How do we manage your privacy preferences?
10.1 Your consent can be withdrawn at any time, except in limited circumstances, including where there are legal or regulatory requirements or because of your contractual obligations with Source Atlantic. For example, if you have applied for credit which we extended to you, your consent regarding sharing your personal information to update credit reports and credit history with credit bureau agencies and other entities that support credit reporting history cannot be withdrawn during the time you have the credit with us and for a period afterward.
10.2 Where you may choose not to provide us with certain personal information or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to offer you the products, services, etc. that you requested or that could be offered to you.
10.3 Regarding our marketing communications to you: You may opt-out of all forms of our marketing messages by contacting us at email@example.com
10.4 Opting out of marketing messages will not prevent you from being able to receive emails regarding transactions like confirming or following up on an order, responding to your inquiry or notifying you of product recalls, etc.
10.5 Regarding personal information collected via our websites: You may update your browser settings on your device to delete or disable our cookies. An option to change your preferences on your mobile device to turn off notifications, and location trackers.
11. How long do we retain your personal information?
11.1 How long we retain your personal information will depend on the type of information and the purpose for which we process that information. We will not store your personal information longer than necessary to carry out the purpose for which we are processing your personal information.
11.2 The Source Atlantic businesses include regulated entities who are subject to a variety of records-retention requirements and may be required to retain your personal information for an extended period due to related legal obligations.
11.3 Where you request deletion of your personal information, we will inform you of any requests with which we cannot comply.
12. What are your privacy rights?
12.1 You can request details about the personal information we have stored, subject to any legal restrictions. Once requested, we will provide you with your personal information in compliance with applicable laws.
12.2 If you believe any of your personal information that we store is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. What happens when you use our websites?
13.1 Our websites use cookie technology to make your use of our sites more convenient. A cookie is a text file that enables the website to store information about your activities on that site, or the length of your stay on the website.
13.2 Most web browsers accept cookies by default; however, to disable cookies associated with our websites via your browser settings. If you choose to do so, this may affect the functionality of the respective website and your ability to access certain features of the website.
14. How do we protect your personal information?
14.1 We are committed to keeping your personal information secured. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the personal information collected. This includes controls to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal of your personal information by applicable law.
14.2 We exercise care in the secure transmission of your information, to protect any personal information you have provided including, in its disposal or destruction after the intention of use.
14.3 If a personal information data breach occurs, we will take all necessary steps to limit the damage. If a data breach occurs, we will take all necessary steps to communicate with you about this event.
15. How can you contact us about your privacy rights and additional information?
15.2 If you are not satisfied with our handling of any privacy complaints, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or with the Privacy Commissioners of Alberta, BC, or Quebec, as per your province of residence.